Our goal is a simple one: keep vulnerable children in school and address obstacles that might hinder their success.
At the primary school level, our support includes:
- Uniforms for primary school students
- Daily lunch to 3,100 students in 18 primary schools, ensuring that children have at least one nutritious meal each day
- Sanitary towels for adolescent girls, which allows them to attend school regularly
- Mentoring for girls through the Girls Empowerment Team (GET UP) and for boys through the Boys Empowerment Team (BET UP)
- Blankets and other basic necessities for 360 households
For high school students, we provide:
- Tuition, uniforms, and school supplies for 114 high-achieving secondary school students
- Mentoring, goal-setting and encouragement through empowerment programs
- Psychosocial support for high school students through peer support groups
Students who have excelled in high school and want to go on to university are eligible to apply for a very limited number of university scholarships.